A coworker and friend of mine loves any and everything pumpkin related. Last week was her birthday and she turned the young age of…. PFF I’m not telling you how old she is! Ladies don’t tell that sort of thing. However, I will let you know that I prepared a batch of mini pumpkin cupcakes for her big day. I don’t like to brag but the feedback I got from these was phenomenal. Comments ranged from “Good god! I want a whole cake of this” to “wow- these are good… I just ate 4 of them”
I suppose you want photographic proof that I actually made cupcakes that good eh?
What?! You want the recipe too? ok, ok.
My recipe is based on this:
Changes I made:
1) I used a mixture of maple syrup and white sugar- no brown sugar at all.
2) I added some freshly ground cloves
3) I used whole wheat flour instead of white
4) I cut the sugar in the frosting in HALF (4 cups is WAY too much sugar)
5) I used about half the amount of butter called for in the frosting as well.
Add steps 1-5 to the linked recipe and BAM- fall in a cupcake of happiness.
Make them. People will thank you.
Ps- If you want to make these soy free (Molly ahem ahem) just top them with the cashew cream recipe.